Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Bread of Life

 
The second crusty bread I made in 2020


A birthday gift - A Dutch Oven - this was the only way I found to make bread. Then, of course, I found many other recipes that do not need such a specific appliance. The Dutch oven also was a fabulous vessel for home made chicken noodle soup. A big hit with hubby, and his sister. 

Good thing I bought a couple of packets of yeast. Now that the bread is in short supply, flour and yeast are becoming scarce during this Stay at Home Executive Order. The recipe only calls for 4 cups flour, salt, warm water, and a pinch of salt. It does take about 5 hours with all of the rising and resting times. First time I've baked bread since we lived in the condo in Warren, about 20 years ago. 

Goal - to make a focaccia bread this week.

Recipes
 Homemade Dutch Oven Bread  This is the one I used with my Dutch Oven

Vegan Focaccia with Tomato and Rosemary one to try in the near future


The first crusty bread I made in 2020 with my Dutch Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment